DofE Open Awards
Open courses to complete the whole expedition section for the bronze and silver awards.
This course option is ideal if you don’t have a group to do your expedition with or can’t make your schools expedition dates.
We offer training based in Basildon Essex, followed by a 2-3 day practice expedition, a 2-3 day Qualifying expedition, a debrief and Assessors report on eDofE.
If you have missed a school expedition do not worry. You can just choose just a practice or Qualifying expedition and attend what you need.
Cost per expedition – £96
Cost for the whole section including Training, Practice Expedition and Qualifying Expedition plus group equipment is £192 plus VAT.Purchase
Cost per expedition (without transport) – £168*
Cost for the whole section including Training, Practice Expedition and Qualifying Expedition plus group equipment is £336 plus VAT.
* Transport can be purchased separately if needed – cost £35 per expedition.
Here is what’s included in your DofE course entry fee
We like to be clear about exactly what’s included and what isn’t part of your course fee.
• Pre-expedition information pack given out in Training
• Equipment lists – with what to buy and what is included
• Camping fees for the practice expedition and qualifying expedition
• Free use of group equipment. Tents, Trangia stoves, maps, compass and gas
• Comprehensive training covering all aspects of the DofE syllabus
• Supervision throughout the expedition-no school staff needed
• Accredited Assessors for the qualifying expedition
• Transport to and from the expedition
• Personal equipment
• Expedition food
Here’s what parents are saying about Mud & Maps:
Can’t recommend you highly enough!! Thank you for all that you’ve done to make Bronze and Silver expeditions possible for my daughter with her wheelchair and extra support needs.
She could not have done it without your kindness, your understanding and support, your experience in planning for all abilities and your instinctive ability to put together great teams that really work well.
Huge thank you.
A huge thank you to the Mud & Maps team for making it possible, not only for Amy to do her Silver expedition outside of school, but also for making it such an enjoyable experience. We can’t recommend you highly enough to anyone needing to do their expedition ‘out of school’.
I was quite anxious at first that I was sending her off to some remote location with people I’d found online but in the end I had no reservations whatsoever that she was in safe hands.
Take a look through a small selection of our images from recent courses and expeditions.